- • HappyFresh seeks to bring Instacart-like grocery deliveries to Southeast Asia.
- • Launched in 2015, the Company quickly expanded its vision of digital deliveries across Southeast Asia. Today the service is active in Indonesia, Thailand and Malaysia where it works with supermarkets and other retailers to let customers order groceries online.
- • Its vision is to be in every single household in Southeast Asia and to democratise grocery delivery.
Leading E-grocery Platform in Southeast Asia:
The company is present in 3 countries with 300,000 customers and over 1.5M successful orders delivered from at least 300 supermarket locations. Its total sales on the platform has exceeded US$50M.
Profitable and Asset Light:
The Company is the only profitable, grocery focused, asset-light marketplace in Southeast Asia (SEA). Its unique position allows it to deliver the best-in-class experience in a profitable fashion.
Well-positioned in SEA fast-growing grocery retail market:
SEA food retailing industry is growing at a CAGR of 9% to US$164B in 2020. Online Grocery retailing is outgrowing traditional retail by 14% to US$64M in 2020. Traditional grocery retail industry in SEA will change more in the next 5 years than in the past 50 years.
Present in three of the largest and fastest Grocery Market in SEA:
The Company has presence in Indonesia, Thailand and Malaysia which is within the top four largest grocery markets in SEA. These three markets are also the fastest growing markets in SEA with a 5-year CAGR of 27%, 14% and 13% for Indonesia, Thailand and Malaysia respectively. It is looking to expand into the other markets in the region in the near future so as to be the leading online grocery platform in SEA.
Use of Proceeds
• Capital expenditure
• Other general corporate purposes
• Geographical and product expansion
Fuel Your Business Growth
We have the insights, the community and a simple process to help support your business to raise capital. Get in touch with us to learn more about fundraising virtually.